Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hacklebarney State Park - Getting Out of the House With a Toddler



The trail along the Black River is beautiful and for the sure-footed. Right around nap time, Momma started feeling overwhelmed. Baby, tired and charging along the trail, vigorously protested my parental grip on his shirt sleeve.

Canada lily, on a rocky bluff out of the reach of herbivores

Papa put baby to sleep by carrying him up and down the trail. I marveled at how long baby's legs had grown. I preened my ruffled feathers and poked around for interesting plants and found a few.

Hostas, in surprising profusion  along the Black River. I never liked that plant. 

Canada mayflower, soon to bloom

Violet species

A personal favorite - Miterwort

Lunch on a Solomon's plume

No comments:

Post a Comment