Tuesday, June 5, 2012

On the porch, Saturday, June 2, 2012

On the porch

Baby wearing a hand-me-down shirt from my mother-in-law's attic. It was husband's or sister(s)-in-law's childhood (or all their childhoods). The sleeve bears a tag with a Pepsi-like logo and the word "Absorba." Apparently, the company is still around. Basket also courtesy my mother-in-law. It's been very handy and has carried the afore mentioned baby around a few times.

New yellow and blue clothespins are courtesy my Mom and were purchased at Ollie's Bargain Outlet in Allentown. If you seek out their website, turn down your computer's volume or you will be startled by a chant of "GOOD STUFF CHEAP!" I nearly jumped out of my skin. Good thing my son doesn't wake at every noise anymore. The clothespins are held in a handmade denim bag, again by Mom. 

Bowl made by Debbie Reichard full of elderflowers from the meadow. 

Strawberries and kale from the garden. My son is reaching not for a strawberry as one might expect, but for the scissors tucked into the basket. That's the hierarchy: 1. sharp and forbidden object, 2. strawberry.


No comments:

Post a Comment