Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Something is different

The seed of something new. Blue cohosh fruits. Hardly a fruit, but a thin, dry skin over a Barbie tennis ball sized nutlet.

You may have noticed that something is different, something is missing. No, it's not the book that I was reading that my husband accidentally returned to the library and has forgotten renew for me. It does have something to do with him though.

Though a blog, this blog, The Shagbark Speaks, was my husband's idea, I have flooded its digital pages with stories featuring sleeplessness, messy kitchens, my chest, my husband, my toddler and other mom-ly things. I still recall clearly the afternoon I walked into our home office and watched Jared typing on the computer. He turned to me and said, "You may not like what I'm doing... I just started a blog." That was October 22, 2008.

Jared is now authoring another blog instead. He is the keeper of Wild Ridge Plants, the blog for our family business - a native plant nursery nestled in the heart of the Sourlands. Rather than go on and on with a sales pitch for the nursery, boy, I never thought I would say this, but find us on Facebook.

In the meantime, when you are not outside making snowmen, read his blog. He has a good sense of humor, adventure, and photographic eye. He also uses footnotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment