Monday, October 28, 2013

Data Miner

I'm a data miner. I'm always seeking data on the sleep patterns and behavior other people's kids, unless I don't want to know or I have received bad information from a source.

Bad information comes in the form of unsolicited suggestions and bad advice. Bad information may also be or seem to be false. If I have received bad information from a source, I don't consider them reliable. I may no longer share my current status as having had yet another night of poor sleep due to my child's sleep patterns.

Today I shared my zombie status (4 wake ups with the last three starting at about 4:00 a.m., and ending around 6:00 a.m.) with Linda who works at our healthcare provider's office.

"No, my first one didn't sleep well. My others did. Well, my daughter hated the car. She never slept in the car. My daughter just had a baby - 3 months old now. The baby naps only for 30 minutes at a time. I've watched him, and it's true," she said, more or less. I said, "It seems there's no rhyme or reason to the nights." "No," she said nodding gravely.

I like Linda. We traded stories. She offered no advice. I consider Linda to be a reliable source.

No comments:

Post a Comment