Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Some thoughts on a Tuesday Evening

May 30, 2014. Our house. We brought our blue flag iris with us. We thought we'd bring many plants from our former landscape, but we left far more. They were too numerous and too difficult to move, with everything else going on. Our friend, Debbie, dug many. They took to her garden so well. 

June 14, 2010. A killdeer nest at the edge of a parking lot, near the entrance of the Goose Lake Prairie visitor's center. She did the 'broken wing' display to lure us away from her nest. We gave her wide berth. I love killdeer. Our prairie trip was our summer vacation when Beren was "Bump, as our friend and prairie guide, Marion, called him. 

May 17, 2014. Bump, now Beren, among the ostrich fern along the Delaware River. Adults who have not home schooled their children, I hear how impossible and difficult and bad home schooling is. From parents who have home schooled, you hear how lovely it is. That's interesting. I haven't spoken with any children or adults who were home schooled. I'd be curious. 

May 17, 2014. Portrait of me by Beren. I have big bunny ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment