Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bedtime Talk

"Momma, did you become friends with Craig?" The names have been changed to protect the guilty, here. "Craig" is a former classmate who I did not get along with, to keep the story short. I mentioned how I had a classmate long ago who I had trouble with because Beren had had difficulties with another child at his school.

"No, I didn't."

"Why not?"

"I didn't have the chance to. Maybe if I met him now we could be friends."

"Momma, I'm friends with X now. We became friends."

"I know." [And that's one of the reasons I like your school, little one.]

"Momma, was there anything very bad when you were at school?"

Pause. [Me thinking, depends on what era.]

"No, there was nothing very bad at school."

Pause.

"Is there anything very bad at your school, Beren?"

"No, because it got all fixed up."

No comments:

Post a Comment